Monday, September 10, 2007

Smarty Pants

Tyler's vocabulary has really gone crazy in the last month. He pretty much says everything and anything now and talks in sentences. It is amazing how much they pick up and the things they pay attention to when you have no idea! Today we were playing in Tyler's kitchen and he made me some rice and a glass of milk. I drank all of the milk and asked him if I could have more and his response was, "When you eat." Can you tell that he has heard that one a few times??? It cracked me up!

Yesterday Tyler and Jimmy were playing outside and Tyler started to count the letters on the side of my car and he counted all the way to 10! This is his normal counting pattern: 1, 2, 4, 8, 10. So after he did that, I was thinking that I needed to start working on the alphabet with him, well he beat me to it. Today he picked up a book and said, "a, b, c, d, e, f, g" and then he just started repeating it and getting silly. It is so much fun to be able to watch these little minds learn and grow. I love being able to stay at home and see all of this first hand.

1 comments:

Maren said...

tyler is really smart! He must have a smart mom!