Friday, August 22, 2008

Operation Bye Bye Binky: Successful

I have been wanting to get rid of Jason's binky for a while now, but it is just so easy to stick in his mouth when he is fussy or tired. I decided that it just had to go because it kept ruining pictures! I would get the cutest picture of Jason and Tyler and Jason would have that stupid thing hanging out of his mouth!! I was going to try to take it away about a month ago but decided that we had too much going on and I did not want a grumpy boy!


So, Monday morning when Jason woke up we went to his crib and I said, "Bye, Bye Binky," and told Jason to throw it in his crib. He looked at me like I was crazy and grabbbed it and shook his head. He finally gave in and threw it in his crib and we yelled, YEAH! and walked away. Once he realized what he just did, he started to cry. We just kept him distracted all day with lots of smarties and it actually went well. Jason gets his binky for naps, bedtime and in the car (for my sanity). He is doing AWESOME and I am SO glad that I decided to get rid of it. The next big step for Jason is going to be moving to a big boy bed and potty training... But I have a little while before I have to worry about either one.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea!!! What a good little boy! I wish I could take Dereks thumb away!